Welcome to the new Microsoft Belfast- School Technology Innovation Centre (STIC) Blog site.
The STIC is a partnership with Classrom 2000, Hewlett Packard, Cisco Systems, and Intel.
The Belfast STIC is partnered with a larger Innovation Centre called the European Education Research and Innovation Centre (EERIC).
The role of a STIC is :
- Showcase for new technology that has potential for positive impact on teaching and learning
- Testing, research and evaluation centre for new technologies for teaching and learning
- Skills and best practise transfer centre for innovative teachers and innovative school leadership
- Educator community centre where the effective use of ICT in school administration, teaching and learning may be discussed and policy, procedures and best practise can be identified
- Each centre will specialise on one specific discipline
The Belfast STIC is part of a wider network of Microsoft Education focused Innovation Centres across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The other STIC are: