WE Innovative Teachers Forum Awards
The Microsoft Western Europe Innovative Teachers Forum Awards that takes place annually with the this year’s competition taking place in Berlin, Germany in March 22nd – 25th 2010
In Northern Ireland the 2010 Innovative Teachers Forum Awards will be held in partnership with the Stranmillis University College, the Regional Training Unit (RTU), Classroom 2000 (C2k), UUJ and the Centre for Excellence in Leadership, Innovation and Learning (CELIL)
Are you using ICT in an innovative way to enhance teaching and learning?
Are you using technology in a way that is new and exciting for your school?
Special consideration given for projects focused on:
· Student Community Collaboration
· Solving environmental issues (Global/Regional/Local)
· Student self directed learning
· Cross Border curriculum collaboration
Innovative Teachers Prize
The winning Teacher(s) submission will win:
· Round trip flights from Belfast/Dublin to Berlin, Germany
· 5 nights accommodation
· The opportunity to represent their school and Northern Ireland at the annual WE Innovative Teachers Forum Awards.
What is an innovation?
Teaching and learning is innovative if it is new and ground breaking in the context of the institution where it is being applied. What this means is that even if a school has only had computers for a short space of time, if teachers are doing something exciting with them, then they are being innovative. Other schools may have had technology for a long time, but their teachers are innovative if they continue to come up with new ways to enhance teaching and learning through the integration of ICT.
What is an innovative teacher?
• An innovative teacher is someone who teaches in a way that is new or groundbreaking at the school, while integrating ICT to support that teaching.
• An innovative teacher is someone who uses ICT in new or groundbreaking ways.
• An innovative teacher can demonstrate that teaching and learning has improved as a result of the approaches used.
How can teachers nominate themselves?
Firstly, you must register on the Northern Ireland Innovative Teachers website (www.innovativeteachersni.com). You will be required to have a Live ID in order to register (https://signup.live.com/) and be sure to look for Northern Ireland in the country dropdown list!!
Submit a written description of your innovation using the Virtual Classroom Tour (VCT) template provided at the C2k Exchange (link to the form) or on the Northern Ireland Innovative Teachers share site. This can be accessed after you’ve registered for the site here or on my STIC website Sky Drive. Once you registered, join the
The judging panel will be made up from a select group of Microsoft, Stranmillis, QUB, RTU and C2k panellists. The two finalists will be selected to attend the Western Europe Innovative Teachers Forum Awards in Berlin, Germany in march 2010 sponsored by Microsoft. Transportation and accommodation is included.
Northern Ireland winners at the Western Europe competition will automatically be invite to the Worldwide Innovative Teachers Forum in Capetown, South Africa in November 2010 !!!!
Attend the launch of this year’s Innovative Teachers Competition !!
· Where– Centre for Excellence in Leadership, Innovation and Learning (CELIL) on the campus of Stranmillis University College in Seminar Room 12 at the back of the campus, opposite the Orchard building (3rd floor)
· When – Thursday December 17th at 10:00- 12:00
· Who should attend– Head Teachers and individual Teachers using ICT to deliver their curriculum in an innovative way
· What will you see– past NI winners from Hong Kong, Vienna and Brazil and a presentation on the rules and requirements for this year’s WE competition.
· How to book– just send Tom Jackson an email with the number of attendees
All entries must be received by January 22nd 2010.
Submit entries (the completed VCT template) by uploading them onto the NI Innovative Teachers website in the “ITF Berlin 2010 Community” . You will be required to have a Live ID in order to register (https://signup.live.com/) and be sure to look for Northern Ireland in the country dropdown list!!
Email- Tom Jackson- email@example.com with any questions or issues